Choosing the Right Unit
"How do I know what size I need?"
CHOOSING THE RIGHT UNIT:
A FEW HELPFUL TIPS:
The most frequently asked question our customers ask is "how do I know what size I need?". Below are a few tips to help you choose the right size storage unit.
- Make a list of your items. For example if you are storing household items, list them by room - this will help you determine how much space you will need. Our guidelines below will give a rough estimate of how much space you will need.
- Measure your large items. If you are storing a car or boat, measure the space needed to park it including your trailer, hitch, motor etc. Don't forget to measure the height. If you need to be able to open doors, be sure to include this in your measurement.
- Consider the frequency of access. Some of our customers use their storage spaces for storing inventory. If you will be accessing your items frequently, you may need a little extra room to easily access your items, unpack and repack boxes, etc. Keep items you need frequently in the front of your unit where you may easily access them.
- Think vertical. Many items can easily be stacked to make the most of tall storage. Just make sure to bring along a ladder or step stool and carefully plan your packing so lighter items are on the top.
- Cover your furniture. Padded blankets, plastic wrap, sheets, etc. will keep your furniture and mattresses clean.
- Make a map of your space. If you will be leaving your items in storage for a while, make a diagram of your space.
- Label your boxes. What else is there to say?
- A picture is worth a thousand words. Keeping track of your belongings is difficult when items are in storage, so keep a list, or even better, take photos of your items while packing!
- Make the most of what you have. Store small boxes inside an empty refrigerator, or place garden tools in empty garbage bins.
- Mark breakables carefully. Make sure your breakables are carefully packed and labeled. Make sure you place the heavier items in the bottom.
- Don't over do it! Even if you can stuff more things into a box, you might not want to. Remember, to keep your boxes to a weight you can lift. For most people, that's about 40 pounds.
|8' x 6'
50 sq. ft.
|This size is perfect for household items from one room, such as a sofa and chairs, tables and lamps and several boxes.
|8' x 12'
100 sq. ft.
|This unit will hold the contents of two rooms of household items such as mattress sets, sofas, chairs, chests.
|6' x 24'
150 sq. ft.
|Three to four rooms of household items will easily fit in this unit, or approximately the contents of a small two bedroom apartment or small house.
|8' x 24'
200 sq. ft.
|Our most popular and versatile unit. This will hold five rooms of household items - about the contents of a 2 to 3 bedroom house. This size will also store a car or boat.
|10’ x 24’
250 sq. ft.
|This unit is the size of a standard one car garage. It has room to store a car or boat, or the contents of a 3 to4 bedroom home or apartment including most appliances.
|12’ x 24’
300 sq. ft.
|This unit will easily accommodate the furnishings of a large home including all appliances. It will also store large vehicles, trucks and boats.
|16' x 24'
400 sq. ft.
|This is our largest unit and may be used for residential or commercial use.
*All listed sizes are approximate square footages.
The facility is gated and safe with 24/7 security cameras monitoring all activity.
Evergreen Self Storage
30705 Bryant Drive
Evergreen, CO 80439
(303) 674-7305 Fax
Toll Free 1-888-975-9911
Hours:9-5 Monday - Saturday